I love how potato in French is pomme de terre, which pretty much means “earth apple.”
like what stupid frenchman saw this:
and said “zis petite légume looks like a, how you say, APPLE! hmmm… but it grows in ze earth… HON HON HON! MAIS OUI! C’EST UNE POMME DE TERRE!”
j’adore comment ananas se dit pineapple en anglais, ce qui veut littéralement dire “pomme de pin”, genre quel type anglais a vu ça:
et s’est dit : “ow cette étrange big fruit ressemble à une, how do you say, POMME! hmmm… mais plutôt une pomme qui pousse dans les pins… HU HU HU! OH YES, IT’S A PINEAPPLE!”
(z’avez vu, on peut le faire aussi… hon hon hon!)
My characters are white because they're the 'default' race for me, a mixup of everything. I see no benefits in making them a certain ethnicity just to improve diversity? And it makes sense to me that the supporting cast are also white (1)
Since when I look around at the groups of friends around me, they more or less bunch off according to race. (Whites, asians, jocks (I know this is not a race), mainly). It just seems easier to make everyone white, why is that a bad thing? (2/2)
These will tell you why it is a problem that white people are the default and why representation is important:
- Children and the Myth of “Colorblind” Youth
- From Nichelle Nichols to Whoopi Goldberg to Lupita Nyong’o
- Representation in Hollywood
- You Can’t Do That! Stories Have to Be About White People!
- Representation Matters
- Why Representation Matters in Children’s Books and Media
- Whitewashing Book Covers
- Visibility Matters: Why POC in Books Must Be “Described” as POC
- Do Not Be Afraid to Write POC/Female/LGBT+ Characters
- This is a Jar Full of Major Characters
- Imagine Being a Kid in School
- You Guys Know About Vampires?
- Study Examines Television, Diversity, and Self-esteem
- Why Diversity in Roleplays is Important
Reasons why I have never and will never turn on anon, #5,409.
Anyhow these are all great resources on race and representation, and why it’s very, very important (if it wasn’t already obvious from the anon ask).
single and ready 2 flamingle